1) ASPCA Poison Control: 1-888-426-4435
The ASPCA is an excellent resource for any pet poison or toxin ingestion. Be sure to get a case number once you call to allow us to follow the treatment recommendations for your pet.
2) Pet Poison Helpline: 1-800-213-6680
Another good helpline for pet poison related emergencies. Once again, make sure you get a case number to allow us to continue treating your pet based on their recommendations.
3) Tuft’s University Pet Loss Hotline: 508-839-7966
The Pet Loss Hotline at Tuft’s University if a non-profit organization that provides support for grieving individuals after the loss of a pet.
4) Herpetology Care Collection
Melissa Kaplan is an expert in the field of herpetology and has put together a website with information about the care and common conditions for turtles, iguanas, snakes, lizards, and other species.
5) Pet Insurance Review
West Hills Animal Emergency & Critical Care recommends that you explore all options regarding pet insurance. Pet Insurance may help you financially prepare for the unexpected should an emergency situation arise with your loved ones.
6) Care Credit
Care credit is an interest free credit card (for a set duration of time) to allow for healthcare expenses to be paid when services are rendered.
Animal Shelters on Long Island: Below is a list of Animal Shelters in our vicinity. If you should find a loose dog or stray cat, please contact your local animal shelter.
1) Town of Babylon Animal Shelter: 631-643-9270
2) Town of Brookhaven Animal Shelter: 631-286-4940
3) Town of Hempstead Animal Shelter: 516-785-5220
4) Town of Huntington Animal Shelter: 631-754-8722; After-hours - 631-351-3234
5) Town of Islip Animal Shelter: 631-224-5660
6) Town of North Hempstead Animal Shelter: 516-869-6311
7) Town of Oyster Bay Animal Shelter: 516-677-5784
8) Town of Smithtown Animal Shelter: 631-360-7575